Get Your Patio Ready for Summer
With the right setup, your backyard patio can serve as an extension of your home, a place to relax, entertain, and gather with friends and family. Warm weather is well and truly here, so the time has come to maximize your outdoor living space. Here’s how to get your patio ready for summer.
- Tidy up: The first step to making your outdoor space more inviting is to clean up leaf litter, standing water, and other unwanted debris that accumulated over the winter. You may want to power-wash your patio and siding to reveal a fresh backdrop for summertime get-togethers.
- Spruce up your landscaping: Could your garden use a little TLC? Now’s the time to weed the flower beds, replace stunted shrubs, and tend to the lawn. You may also want to add planters, hanging baskets, and tabletop flowerpots to introduce vibrant colors to your hangout space.
- Add entertainment elements: The key to a successful backyard party is to create intimate gathering places. Adding a fire pit, bar top, and patio dining set allows people to mingle in smaller groups. They can sit comfortably, snacking on delicious food or sipping on drinks while soaking up the pleasant outdoor weather.
- Provide shade: The ability to escape the heat is critical for south- and west-facing backyards. Consider strategically installing an awning, sunshade, pergola, or patio umbrellas to maximize comfort for you and your guests.
- Install landscape lighting: Want the fun to continue after dark? Then you need plenty of outdoor lights! Choose from solar-powered garden lights, wall-mounted sconces, string lights hung overhead, and more. A well-lit patio creates a beautiful ambiance when the sun goes down, maximizing outdoor time when the weather cools off.
- Change your patio furniture: With your backyard looking clean and tidy, it’s time to fill the space with party-ready furniture! Before you unpack and set up your old patio furniture, consider how well it served your needs last summer. If it’s time for a fresh look or something a bit more functional, consider shopping for consignment furniture. You’ll find amazing deals on top-quality pieces that will add new life to your outdoor living space, all at consignment prices.
- Accessorize: Don’t forget the finishing touches! A few accents make all the difference when creating a fun and cozy backyard patio. Brightly colored outdoor cushions, rugs, side tables, decorative solar lanterns, garden statues—the options are endless. And if you have a few designer accessories you no longer want, sell them on consignment to help pay for your new look in your backyard getaway.
Visit one of our locations in California or Texas, and you’ll discover a wide-selection of ever changing designer pieces at fantastic prices. Whether you’ve got upscale patio furniture to sell, or you’re seeking the latest styles for your outdoor living space, our services are right for you!
Find a Home Consignment Center near you to experience the thrill of the hunt for yourself!