How to Design the Ultimate Bathroom
Are you in the midst of making home upgrades? The bathroom is a popular place to improve. If you’re hoping to create a more luxurious place to get ready for the day and unwind in the evening, consider incorporating these unique design elements for the ultimate bathroom getaway.
- Storage: If your bathroom is short on storage, feel free to install floating shelves, a wall-mounted medicine cabinet, or a new vanity with more cupboards and drawers than your current setup offers.
- On-trend fixtures: Replacing the lighting and plumbing fixtures can give an older bathroom a more up-to-date aesthetic. Opt for something trendy like matte black or brushed gold to bring your bathroom into the modern era.
- High-tech toilet: Swap out your old, water-hogging commode for a high-efficiency, high-tech option. Features include seat warmers, self-closing lids, illuminated toilet bowls, self-cleaning options, and more.
- Mirror upgrades: Avoid basic, contractor-grade mirrors in your luxurious bathroom. Instead, choose uniquely shaped and sized mirrors with decorative frames that hang above the sink like artwork.
- Accent wall: Like any room in your home, the bathroom benefits from having an accent wall. This can come in many forms, including a bright paint color, a stenciled wall, floor-to-ceiling ceramic tile, or self-adhesive vinyl flooring installed on the wall.
- Smart gadgets: Any bathroom feels more luxurious when your favorite music or podcast is playing in the background. A water-resistant, voice-activated Bluetooth speaker is the way to go. Try other high-tech gadgets as well, such as towel warmers, touchless soap dispensers, and motion-sensor lights.
- Unique artwork: Express yourself by selecting unique art pieces for the bathroom. You might choose anything from a pastoral landscape to a colorful modern abstract to framed word art. It’s recommended that you find a piece of art you love first, and then pick paint colors to match.
- Plants: If you adore houseplants, rest assured that they belong in the bathroom just as much as anywhere else. A small topiary on the counter or fern hanging above the bathtub can add just the right amount of greenery to the space, whether the plant is real or artificial.
- Non-traditional bath mats: For some reason, many people assume that cheap, rubber-backed rugs are the only floor coverings you can use in the bathroom. On the contrary, you should ditch your old bath mat and use a beautiful, vibrantly patterned rug for an instant pop of color.
Find one-of-a-kind items to spruce up your bathroom and the rest of your house at Home Consignment Center. We have a vast selection of fantastic home furnishings, art, and accessories at remarkably fair prices. You’ll love browsing our eclectic mix of decor sourced from manufacturer closeouts, overruns, samples, and more. Need to make room for your new finds? We also consign furniture, making it fast and easy to sell your in-demand pieces.
If you’re ready to experience the thrill of the hunt for yourself, find a local Home Consignment Center, and visit us today!