Room-by-Room Fall Decor Guide
If you have embraced the sweaters, crunching leaves, and pumpkin spice of fall, then it’s about time your home reflected that! Not sure how to get started? This room-by-room guide will help you decorate your home just in time for Thanksgiving guests.
First, Pick a Color Palette
You don’t need to repeat the same colors in every room, but you want to create coherency by drawing from the same palette throughout the house. In other words, if you choose subdued hues in the living room, don’t then use a bright, bold design in the dining room. Select a general theme and stick to a loose variation of it from room to room.
Fall Kitchen & Dining Room Decor Ideas
- Display fall floral centerpieces complete with marigolds, sunflowers, chrysanthemums, roses, hydrangeas, and orchids.
- Lay out mini pumpkins, pinecones, and sprigs of fall foliage on your hutch or sideboard.
- Place a tiered wooden tray with seasonal decor on your kitchen island.
- Set fall-themed linens, placemats, and tableware on the dining room table.
- Use a dough bowl with pumpkins, gourds, and sprigs of eucalyptus and lamb’s ear as a stunning centerpiece.
Fall Living Room Decor Ideas
- Drape chunky knit blankets or faux fur pelts across your sofa and armchair.
- Swap out your throw pillow covers for ones with festive prints.
- Place a wicker basket under an end table and fill it with extra throw pillows and blankets for when guests come over.
- Decorate with pumpkins. Choose traditional orange, opt for dusty blues and greens, or go with jet-black and pure white.
Fall Bed & Bath Decor Ideas
- Add a beautiful coverlet to your bedspread and layer a plaid throw blanket on top.
- Replace the accent pillows on your bed with ones depicting fall images or phrases.
- Place open wicker baskets at the foot of the bed and fill them with spare quilts and comforters.
- Fill a vase with twigs and place it on your bedside table.
- Set a pretty tray with a few pumpkins and greenery on your bathroom counter.
Fall Porch Decor Ideas
- Hang a festive wreath on the front door.
- Place potted mums on the porch for a pop of color.
- Set pumpkins, hay bales, and corn stalks on the stairs leading up to your front door.
- If you have a seating area on your porch, make it cozier with extra outdoor pillows and blankets in fall colors and patterns.
- Prop up a fall “Welcome” sign by the front door.
Home Consignment Center can help you embrace a new look this autumn. We offer designer pieces at consignment prices, so you can swap out your home furnishings and accessories for something fresh and exciting. New treasures arrive daily, so it’s worth stopping by regularly to browse our huge showroom for the latest finds.
Ready to start shopping for one-of-a-kind consignment furniture? Find a Home Consignment Center near you, and stop by today!