Timeless Jewelry that Never Goes Out of Style
As with clothing, jewelry trends come and go surprisingly quickly. While it’s fun to keep up with the trends, it’s important to invest in some high-quality items that will never go out of style. Much like the little black dress and aviator sunglasses, some types of jewelry stand the test of time. Here are eight essentials to help you build a timeless jewelry collection.
- Chains: For decades now, chains have been popular for men and women alike. Layer a few gold chains with your street clothes, or place a pendant on a delicate silver chain for a dressed-up look. Having a few chains in your collection makes it easy to create the ultimate ensemble.
- Pendants: Adorning a chain with a unique pendant is an easy way to personalize your look. These charms come in all shapes, sizes, and materials, some with matching earrings to complete the look.
- Tennis bracelets: Named for tennis player Chris Evert who famously lost her diamond bracelet during the 1987 US Open, you can’t go wrong with this simple yet elegant jewelry. Tennis bracelets feature a variety of gems and precious metals to match any outfit.
- Pearls: Whether used on a necklace, ring, or earrings, pearls look great in any form. They also hold their value, so you can think of them as an investment you can pass down to future generations.
- Diamond studs: Simple yet elegant, stud earrings add a bit of sparkle to any wardrobe. Use them to dress up your casual wear, or pair them with a stylish updo and cocktail dress for a night on the town.
- Classic watches: Even with a smartphone to tell you the time, there’s nothing quite like wearing a beautiful wristwatch. Find yourself a high-quality timepiece, and it’s sure to last a lifetime.
- Hoop earrings: Throwing on a pair of hoop earrings can make any outfit look more put together. They come in many materials and sizes, allowing you to achieve just the right look. Don large diamond-studded hoops on date night, or stick with subtle gold hoops for just a touch of bling.
- Cocktail rings: Also known as statement rings, cocktail rings typically feature an eye-catching center stone surrounded by smaller stones. The dramatic design earned its name in the 1920s during prohibition when socialites gathered in secret to enjoy cocktails. These rings are still associated with a sense of excitement and glamour to this day.
Are any of these timeless jewelry items missing from your collection? Remedy that with a visit to Home Consignment Center. We have a vast selection of new and vintage jewelry from individuals, celebrities, manufacturers, insurance companies, and closeouts. Every one-of-a-kind piece is priced to sell, so if you see something you like, it’s a good idea to buy it before it’s gone! Begin your treasure hunt in our online jewelry consignment store, or visit one of our locations in California and Texas to view our fine jewelry in person.